Aluminium honeycomb core material
Corex Honeycomb manufactures high quality aluminium honeycomb core material which is used in a wide variety of applications worldwide. Aluminium honeycomb is highly desirable due to its incredibly high strength-to-weight ratio and is applicable wherever lightness and strength are required. Corex Honeycomb supplies high quality aluminium honeycomb to global markets including the Aerospace, Marine, Defence, Rail and Automotive industries.
Why Aluminium? It has several benefits including:
- It is light-weight – 1/3 the weight of steel
- it is strong, corrosion-resistant and a good conductor of heat and electricity
- 100% recyclable, without any loss of its natural qualities
- it is easy to shape, form and fabricate
- Aluminium does not burn – it melts at 650 degrees centigrade
- When alloyed with another metal like Silicon or Magnesium, it can be stronger than Steel
The Corex range can be supplied in a variety of conditions, tailored to the individual needs of the customer:
Expanded or unexpanded
Full blocks or cut slices
Perforated or unperforated
Corrosion treated or untreated
Aluminium Alloy Grade 3003 or 5052
Corex standard honeycomb can be expanded to the following sizes:
- W 2500mm x L 1250mm
- W 3000mm x L 1500mm
Other block sizes are available on request. Depending on cell size, up to 18000mm can be achieved in the W direction.
Corex Honeycomb is manufactured with Aluminium Alloy Grade 3003 or 5052; both standard products are normally supplied in an unprocessed condition.
Honeycomb blocks can be cut to thicknesses to suit individual customer requirements. Using the latest cutting technology, Corex Honeycomb is able to supply slices up to a tolerance of ±0.125mm with a minimum slice thickness of 3mm.
Corex Honeycomb is part of a group with more than 20 years’ experience in manufacturing, engineering and design.
Aluminium honeycomb can be used in a virtually unlimited number of applications. Some of the most widespread applications are as follows:
In the rail industry:
- Energy Absorbers/Bumpers
In the marine industry:
- Commercial vessels and naval vessel bulkheads
- Wall ceiling and partition panels
- Clean room panels
- Exterior architectural curtain wall panels
- Air, water, fluid and light directionalisation
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment and devices
- Skis and snowboards
- Energy absorption protective structures
- Electric shielding enclosures
- Acoustic attenuation
- Wind turbine blades
For detailed information on Corex Honeycomb’s aluminium honeycomb please contact our sales team.